MGB Roadster W/ Electric Overdrive

Sale price: $23000,00 make an offer

Technical specifications

Fuel Type:Gasoline
Transmission:Manual with Electric Overdrive
Trim:W/ Overdrive
Number of Cylinders:4
Got questions?Ask the Seller


Current customer rating: current rating for this car (2)
based on 2 votes


1966 MGB, North American Model Imported in 1966 to Quebec, Canada. This is an original 32,000 mile / 52,000 Km car. It began a total restoration in 2012 as a very nice 32,000 mile MGB. The car was stripped to its unibody tub, clear of all interior, drive train, and electrical including instruments. The unibody tub was then placed onto a rotisserie jig for complete 360-degree rotational movement. In this position the body was glass beaded to bare metal. The body was than fared, 360-degree rotation prime painted. It was than fared again and the final coats of British Racing Green, applied.
During the body preparation phases the seats were rebuilt / padded and recovered in original black leather with white piping. At the same time the seats, roadster top / roof, all door panels, carpet were ordered and received directly from the best sources in England. Next, the drive train, including engine, transmission and the electric overdrive were all carefully rebuilt, resealed and tested. All bearing, shafts, and gears were inspected, approved or replaced. The engine was not rebored as there was little to no cylinder ware. All pistons, rings, bearings, valves and seals were inspected replaced or rebuilt.
Finally, the MG was reassembled with the unibody and its rebuilt suspension and retuned and strung wheels were joined with the new drive train, interior, instruments, and period Michelin tires. At this stage the MG was approximately 85% finished and drivable. The car was purchased in 2013 in this phase of restoration and imported from Quebec by train and finally, truck to Seattle, Washington. Beginning in July of 2013 to mid 2017 the nearly remaining 15% of the total restoration was completed by the current owner to include the following listing of fine point detail work:
1. Rebuild and install Speedometer & Tachometer
2. Custom Remanufacturer existing MGB brass core radiator
3. Install electric radiator fan for increase cooling
4. Install LED Bulbs & Flasher for tail lites
5. Install and shim complete new steering rack
6. Purchase & Install new header rail assembly with top from England
7. Restore and install Top Bows
8. Purchase new bags for top bows, Jack, and tools
9. Purchase new full Tonneau and Bag
10. Purchase and install complete new SS exhaust system
11. Purchase and install new Poly battery boxes
12. Purchase new Wood knock-off wrench
13. Change polarity from positive to negative ground
14. Purchase and install new solid state Fuel Pump
15. Rebuild existing distributor into Pertronix electronic ignition
16. Rebuild carbs including needles + seats+ hoses
17. Purchase new interior mirror and exterior left door mount mirror
18. Restore and install wiper motor w/ relay for increased speed
19. Restore and install Heater motor w/ relay for increased speed
20. Purchase & Install new trunk /boot seal
21. Purchase & Install new black rubber front floor mats
22. Purchase and Install new boot carpet liner
23. Purchase new Storm proof car cover
24. Purchase & Install MGB Optional sun visor kit
25. Restore and install heater valve & cable

Also published at

Questions to the seller

More MG Cars